[torqueusers] I get 'Unauthorized Request' to every qmgr command

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Sun Mar 26 20:26:39 MST 2006

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 09:23:34PM -0500, Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com wrote:
> The $PBS_HOME/server_name needs to be the same name as that associated with your primary interface.  This is usually the name associated with eth0 on multi-homed systems but not necessarily.  If you are running a peer-to-peer cluster, that is, all nodes have a single connection to a common network, this would be the case.  If you are running a beowulf cluster with a public and private network, then the name in the server_name file should match that name via DNS or /etc/hosts that matches the "public" interface.
>
> I use 3 interfaces.  One for the private network (eth0), one for the public network (eth1), and one for HA (eth2).  The name I have to compile torque with is that associated with eth1.  This will place in the "server_name" file the correct name.
>
> Hope this clarifies things.
>
> 	Stewart

This is not necessary. I have 3 interfaces as well
eth0: public interface, associated with the hostname, DNS name of the box
eth1: private interface, name r1
eth2: NFS networkR, name r1-nfs

The compute nodes only know the torque server by the name r1 associated
with eth1. Torque is compiled using that name and the server_name file
contains that name as well. Furthermore, the $PBS_HOME/torque.cfg file
contains a line

SERVERHOST r1

Works like a charm.

Cheers,