[torqueusers] I get 'Unauthorized Request' to every qmgr command

Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com
Sun Mar 26 19:23:34 MST 2006

The $PBS_HOME/server_name needs to be the same name as that associated with your primary interface.  This is usually the name associated with eth0 on multi-homed systems but not necessarily.  If you are running a peer-to-peer cluster, that is, all nodes have a single connection to a common network, this would be the case.  If you are running a beowulf cluster with a public and private network, then the name in the server_name file should match that name via DNS or /etc/hosts that matches the "public" interface.

I use 3 interfaces.  One for the private network (eth0), one for the public network (eth1), and one for HA (eth2).  The name I have to compile torque with is that associated with eth1.  This will place in the "server_name" file the correct name.

Hope this clarifies things.

	Stewart