[torqueusers] I get 'Unauthorized Request' to every qmgr command

Mikko Huhtala mhuhtala at abo.fi
Sun Mar 26 10:37:56 MST 2006

Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com writes:
 > Mikko,
 >
 > You might want to check the the name in the $PBS_HOME/server_name file is correct and matches what torque was compiled with.  That is, what the mom's think is the server.  A mismatch here can trigger this type of an error.  It has happened to me.
 >
 > 	Stewart

server_name is correct, but the culprit is /etc/hosts. This machine
has multiple network interfaces and the wrong one was listed
first. So, for the record, server_name must match the first
no-localhost name in /etc/hosts, I guess, or disaster will ensue. Is
that right? On this machine, there are 3 network interfaces, and the
order of eth0 eth1 eth2 does not seem to matter, but only the order in
/etc/hosts.

Mikko