[torqueusers] pbs_server and nodes file how to handle comments

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Mar 23 09:28:36 MST 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:45:39AM +0100, Bas van der Vlies alleged:

> version: 2.0.0p8
>
> We use comments in our nodes file, which version it is and so on. These
> comments are removes if we set an node manually offline with qmgr. The
> nodes files is rewritten without the comments. Is this a bug?

Was the behaviour any different at any point before 2.0.0p8?  That code
probably dates back to openpbs.

While it is odd that nodes is being rewritten on a state change, it will
never handle comments.  Any time you add or remove node properties, you
will lose your comments.

University of Southern California