[torqueusers] pbs_server and nodes file how to handle comments

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Thu Mar 23 03:50:03 MST 2006

On 2006-03-23 09:45:39 +0100, Bas van der Vlies wrote:

> version: 2.0.0p8
>
> We use comments in our nodes file, which version it is and so on. These
> comments are removes if we set an node manually offline with qmgr. The
> nodes files is rewritten without the comments. Is this a bug?

I dunno, but my 2 cents:

treatment of "nodes" is or was a bit nonuniform in PBS/Torque, adding or
removing a node via qmgr didn't work as one might expect (it might
work now, haven't tried with a recent torque). If node manipulations
including adding/removal of nodes from qmgr do work right, though, I'd be
inclined to treat the "nodes" file as a pretty much opaque part of the
server state rather than intended  to be directly human-editable.