[torqueusers] setting a variable in prologue

Aquarijen aquarijen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 13:35:02 MST 2006

Hi Garrick,

I see that in the pbs_mom man page the variable that you refer to...
So, I went to my /var/spool/pbs/mom_priv directory and made my config
look like this:

$logevent 127
$loglevel 6
$pbsserver b08l02
$tmpdir /scratch
$usecp *:/home /home
$restricted b08l02,b08l01,b07l01,b07l02,b06l01,b06l02,b05l01,b05l02

It is the same as how it looked before except I added the "$tmpdir
/scratch" to it.  Scratch is set up like a /tmp - the sticky bit is
set.  I pushed the config to all the nodes and restarted all the
pbs_moms and even the pbs_server.

In my simple submit script I do:
#!/bin/bash -l
#PBS -S /bin/bash
#PBS -m ae
#PBS -M tippensjl at ornl.gov
#PBS -N parallel-worlds-jen
#PBS -q workq
#PBS -l nodes=2:ppn=2
#PBS -l walltime=00:00:30,mem=1mb
echo "Current working directory is `pwd`"
echo $PBS_JOBID
echo Tmp dir is $TMPDIR
mpiexec /home/2vt/jenstests/message-passing-parallel-worlds/a.out

But the variable for $TMPDIR is empty.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for all the help you give on this list.

-Jen