[torqueusers] qsub -I fails

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 22 12:28:54 MST 2006

We are still running torque 1.2.0p6.  Since moving to Torque from
PBSPro, we have never been able to get 'qsub -I' to work.

If someone does 'qsub -I', they will get a shell on a node and can for work
some random amount of time up to a minute at which time it suddenly dies
with the error:

qsub: read error: Resource temporarily unavailable

I asked about this around 6 months ago and could not find a solution
and was wondering if anyone has found a solution.  Or is anyone
else using 'qsub -I'?

Paul Raines                email: raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street     Charlestown, MA 02129	    USA