[torqueusers] setting a variable in prologue

Aquarijen aquarijen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 11:37:13 MST 2006

Hi All,

So I wrote a prologue script to create a working directory local to
the nodes running a job.  Currently, I can refrence it in my pbs
script by "/tmp/temp_pbs_$JOBID"  and all is well.  But I'd like to
provide just one variable to the user to use - something like
"$scratchdir" so that I can change underlying mount points at will
without having to tell users to change from, say,
"/tmp/temp_pbs_$JOBID" to "/scratch/temp_pbs_$JOBID" in all their
scripts and programs.  I tried just exporting it as a variable in the
prologue script, but it doesn't resolve in the pbs submit script -
only in the prologue script itself.  I would appreciate help from you
creative folks on how to do something so that I can change the
underlying filesystem without hearing the screams of users.

Thanks!!!
Jen
ORNL Institutional Cluster