[torqueusers] Re: [torquedev] BLCR support in Torque

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Mar 20 16:38:32 MST 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 02:19:57PM -0500, Prakash Velayutham alleged:
> Hi All,
>
> http://mantis.lbl.gov/blcr/doc/html/BLCR_Users_Guide.html
> I was looking at the Checkpoing/Restart availability in Torque. Is this
> something that is already supported by Torque? If not, what kind of
> checkpointing support does Torque support (especially for parallel jobs
> like MPI)?

TORQUE doesn't have BLCR support.  On Linux, TORQUE can suspend jobs
with SIGSTOP, but can't checkpoint.

I think one roadblock to adding BLCR support is that TORQUE doesn't have
a way of knowing when a BLCR-capable job is being run.

University of Southern California