[torqueusers] Nodes not being allocated

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Mar 18 22:50:32 MST 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 10:50:02AM -0500, Lippert, Kenneth B. alleged:
> will take 2 jobs, but the other will take only 1.   If I run a test with
> "-l nodes=4" I will get the failure message that "there are not enough
> resources to fulfill the request".   I can do that same test on the old
> 1.2 cluster and it works fine, putting the job on the 4 headed machine.
>
> I have examined every output from pbsnodes and qmgr and can see no
> difference between the configurations of queues or nodes.  I am using
> the same version of Maui on both old and new clusters.

Do you have 4 nodes available?  TORQUE rejects jobs if the requested
number of nodes don't exist (even if maui is going to pack "nodes=4"
as 4 CPUs on 1 node.)

The way around this is to set the resources_available.nodes attribute on
the queue.

University of Southern California