[torqueusers] job runs only in 1 node

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Mar 15 04:54:23 MST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 01:15:39PM +0200, biolabadmin at ibt.lt alleged:
> hi again,
> i have some more questions:)
> here is my runing script for torque + maui+ mpich
> #PBS -N bandymas
> #PBS -l nodes=5:ppn=2
> echo Starting Job:
> date
> echo
> echo Running script on...
> hostname
> echo
> cd /home/skriptai/mpi/
> mpiexec -n 10 /home/skriptai/mpi/Profil_MPI_KLP.ex ch.txt
>
> when jobs runing, sheduler says what jobs runing only on 5 nodes, each
> 2processors, but problems is what jobs are runing on 10 nodes, each 1
> proc.
> so mpiexec not really looks to PBS permissions. how to say to mpich use
> only  5 PBS nodes with 2 processors? thx

Where is your mpiexec from?  If it is from your MPI implementation, then
it does not interface with PBS and you need to supply it a list of nodes
"-machinefile $PBS_NODEFILE".  If it is the mpiexec from OSC, then it
will get the nodelist and number of procs from PBS automatically.

University of Southern California