[torqueusers] (no subject)

Efstathiadis, Efstratios stratos at bnl.gov
Tue Mar 14 15:19:29 MST 2006

Hi,

being new with MAUI, I can't tell if this is trivial or not:
I have defined in torque three queues (short, medium, long)
each with a resources_max.walltime of 1hr, 6hr and 12hr respectivelly,
and a maximum running jobs of 1 for all three queues.
I also have a default queue called batch.Submitted jobs get assigned to the
appropriate queue based on the walltime specified in the qsub command.
This works well with both pbs_sched and MAUI.

Now, if I submit many short jobs, one will be running (as expected) and all the
others will be queued, waiting for their turn to run.
In the mean time, the medium and the long queues may be completely idle,
with no jobs running or queued. How can the scheduler "move" queued
jobs from the short queue to the empty medium or long queues??
After all, a short job can also fit into the medium or long queues.

And another (different) question: How can I assign specific host CPUs to queues?
I know how to assign hosts to queues (with acl_hosts=.., keeping
acl_host_enable false). The reason is that I have a large IBM
SP machine with many CPUS and I would like to partition it.

Thanks for your Help.
Stratos