[torqueusers] separating MPI traffic onto fast net

Tom Combs combs at magnet.fsu.edu
Mon Mar 13 13:48:35 MST 2006

Hi,
     I've got two networks between the nodes of my cluster and I'd like
to have
the MPI traffic on a net to itself. I've created my lam-hostmap.txt file
as indicated
in the Install Guide but I'm not sure how I can test to see if it is
actually working.
I am concerned that it is not working because when running a job, the
lamd is
using the slow 192.0.0.x network instead of the fast 198.0.0.x net:

[siervje at node4 ~]$ ps -ef | grep lam
siervje  0 16:38 ?  00:00:00 /usr/local/lam/bin/lamd -H 192.0.0.17 -P
32797 -n 3 -o 0

Does this indicate that my mapping for the mpi traffic is not work or is
the lamd
concerned an "out-of-band" process that should be running on the
designated slow
network?  Is there any way to test to make sure things are working?

Thanks!

Tom Combs                                  E-mail: combs at magnet.fsu.edu
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory    Phone: (850) 644-1657
1800 E. Paul Dirac Drive                   Tallahassee, FL 32310