[torqueusers] pbs email notifications

Aquarijen aquarijen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 12:55:12 MST 2006

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me with this. :)
I have a cluster with several logon nodes.  I do this with SUBMITHOSTS in
the torque.cfg.
When a user submits a job with something like the following in the pbs
script:

**#PBS -m ae
#PBS -M tippensjl at ornl.gov

is there any other setup required on the torque side of things to get it to
send email?  I don't see that it is attempting to send the email at all.
What mechanism does pbs use to send the mail?

On another cluster Ihave that has only one login server, I don't have a
problem with the server sending mail.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

-Jennifer
ORNL Institutional Cluster Admin