[torqueusers] Multiprocessor jobs on Altix 350

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at uni.de
Tue Mar 7 03:34:22 MST 2006

> Ok, but the torque 2.0.0p8 source is written with the old cpuset version
> for 2.4 kernel and I have a Suse LinuX with a 2.6 kernel and the cpuset
> library has been completely rewritten in these new version and the
> torque source does not compile with the new cpuset library. Is a torque
> version with new cpuset library available ?

Actually the "new" cpuset support is even easier to support.

It is realized via a pseudo filesystem, usually mounted to /dev/cpuset.
Creating a set is done via mkdir, configuring via echo.

If you want to get your hands on the source, this should be pretty easy to
"port".

Overview:
http://www.bullopensource.org/cpuset/csfs.html

Cheers,