[torqueusers] pbs_demux

Prakash Velayutham velayups at email.uc.edu
Fri Mar 3 08:29:53 MST 2006

Hi All,

This question is regarding a multi-node MPI kind of job. After the job
is scheduled and sent over to the MS, MS first does a JOIN_JOB request
to all the other nodes in the exec_host list. The nodes respond with an
ALL_OKAY message and send the event_com as JOIN_JOB. After MS receives
ALL_OKAY from all the sister nodes, I can see that MS goes through the
processes of TMomFinalizeJob1, TMomFinalizeJob2, TMomFinalizeChild,
TMomFinalizeJob3 routines. In the TMomFinalizeChild routine MS starts up
a pbs_demux process also in addition to the job task. But what I don't
seem to understand is where exactly in this sequence does MS tell the
other nodes too to start the job. Could someone explain please?

Thanks,
Prakash