[torqueusers] Multiprocessor jobs on Altix 350

siri didier.siri at univ-provence.fr
Fri Mar 3 04:24:13 MST 2006

Ok, but the torque 2.0.0p8 source is written with the old cpuset
version for 2.4 kernel and I have a Suse LinuX with a 2.6 kernel and
the cpuset library has been completely rewritten in these new version
and the torque source does not compile with the new cpuset library. Is
a torque version with new cpuset library available ?

Regards

Le 2 mars 06, à 22:22, Garrick Staples a écrit :

> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:44:52PM +0100, siri alleged:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I compile torque 2.0.0p8 on Altix 350 with 14 cpus and 21Gb RAM on
>> Suse
>> 9 with 2.6 kernel. I created a queue with 1 proc available (set queue
>> norman resources_max.ncpus=1) and when I launch a Gaussian03 job with
>> %nproc=2 for exemple in the input file, the monoprocessor queue accept
>> the job and launch it on 2 cpus. How can I resolve this probleme ? Is
>> the "cpuset" mandatory ?
>
> Yes, cpuset support would be required to have MOM limit the number of
> procs used by the job.
>
> --
> Garrick Staples, Linux/HPCC Administrator
> University of Southern California

Didier SIRI, Professeur
Laboratoire de Chimie Théorique et de Modélisation Moléculaire
UMR6517-CNRS
Université de Provence
Case 521-Faculté de Saint-Jérôme
Av. Esc. Normandie Niemen