[torqueusers] custom route queue

Marcin mar_mog at o2.pl
Thu Mar 2 09:36:12 MST 2006

Hi,

My cluster consists of mixed machines and I have specific need of
manipulating submitted jobs. Rules look like this:

1) jobs with nodes=(4|8) are rewritten to nodes=1:ppn=(4|8)
2) jobs with nodes=x:ppn=(1|2) go into queue y
3) jobs with nodes=1:ppn=(4|8) go into queue z
4) any remaining - qdel

My question is - is it possible to achieve in inside torque, using route
queue? I'm actually using external script with commands qmove, qalter
and qdel inside, but such solution triggers two bugs inside maui
scheduler. Reported, of course, with no answer at all. The only solution
to workaround these bugs is to report class and nodes parameter
correctly when job is reported to maui first time. Using external script
means pushing it into route queue, reporting it to maui with given
parameters and then, after altering by routing script, both nodes
parameters and qos in maui stay wrong there forever.

	Marcin Mogielnicki