[torqueusers] Multiprocessor jobs on Altix 350

siri didier.siri at univ-provence.fr
Wed Mar 1 06:44:52 MST 2006

Hi,

I compile torque 2.0.0p8 on Altix 350 with 14 cpus and 21Gb RAM on Suse
9 with 2.6 kernel. I created a queue with 1 proc available (set queue
norman resources_max.ncpus=1) and when I launch a Gaussian03 job with
%nproc=2 for exemple in the input file, the monoprocessor queue accept
the job and launch it on 2 cpus. How can I resolve this probleme ? Is
the "cpuset" mandatory ?

Thanks.

Didier SIRI, Professeur
Laboratoire de Chimie Théorique et de Modélisation Moléculaire
UMR6517-CNRS
Université de Provence
Case 521-Faculté de Saint-Jérôme
Av. Esc. Normandie Niemen