[torqueusers] How to prevent torque from restarting jobs?

Seb Seb sebast2600 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 29 13:46:44 MDT 2006

Thank you Garrick. However, I was wondering if it was possible to always force this, even when the qsub's -r n argument is not specified.

  From what I can read on PBS manual, if pbs_mom is run with the -r option, MOM will kill any processes belonging to jobs, mark the jobs as terminated, and notify the batch server which owns the job. However, in the Torque manual, "pbs_mom -r" would just perform a level 1 job recovery on restart. What does a "level 1 job recovery" means?

  Thank you,
  Seb

Garrick Staples <garrick at clusterresources.com> a écrit :
  On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 08:55:30PM +0200, Seb Seb alleged:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to prevent torque from automatically restarting jobs after a computer crash?

qsub's -r argument, from the manpage:

-r y|n Declares whether the job is rerunable. See the qrerun command.
The option argument is a single character, either y or n.

If the argument is "y", the job is rerunable. If the argument
is "n", the job is not rerunable. The default value is 'y',
rerunable.