[torqueusers] I have a question about multiqueue with multigroup

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Tue Jun 27 08:43:40 MDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 01:26:52AM +0000, ?? ? alleged:
> Hi:
>
> My environment is Torque/Maui. I setup five queues. They are list below:
> Queue        Type
> Route :       Route
> R-1 :           Execution
> R-2:            Execution
> R-3:            Execution
> R-4:            Execution
>
> For R-1, I set acl_group with group1. It means only group1's member can use.
> For R-2, I set acl_group with group2. It means only group2's member can use.
> For R-3, I did not set any restriction.
> For R-4, I set acl_user with two users. It means only this two users can
> use.
>
> All setting can work correctly except R-2. Group2' member cannot submit the
> job
> to R-2. It always get the Unauth Request error message. I use the same
> setting as
> R-1. Why it cannot work? Do I miss something? Below is my setting:

> #
> # Create queues and set their attributes.
> #
> #
> # Create and define queue R-2
> #
> create queue R-2
> set queue R-2 queue_type = Execution
> set queue R-2 acl_user_enable = True
> set queue R-2 acl_users = johnson
> set queue R-2 acl_group_enable = True
> set queue R-2 acl_groups = group2
> set queue R-2 enabled = True
> set queue R-2 started = True

R-2 also has a user acls in addition to the group acl.  You didn't
mention this in the description, so I assume this is a mistake.

If it is not a mistake, and you want to use user and groups acls
together, then set acl_logic_or to true.  Details are in the
pbs_server_attributes and pbs_queue_attributes manpages.