[torqueusers] How to find out why a job failed?

Daniel Widyono widyono at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 27 08:57:09 MDT 2006

Here's an idea, not sure if it suits your environment.  In your script, just
output whatever error you want to standard error.  E.g. for bash,

	echo myprog exited with status $? >&2

You'll then get this in your .ER file associated with the job.  Is that what
you're looking for?  If not, can you be more specific?

Regards,
Dan W.