[torqueusers] - I need some help with qsub

Christian Andersson christianan at mitrion.com
Tue Jun 27 03:49:28 MDT 2006

I am running torque-2.1.1 and i am stuck with the same problem that so many
seem to have had before me. I have googled for hours and hours and i have
also read all the mails in torqueusers matching the  term 'Bad UID for job
execution'. I have followed every tip i could find but no luck.

The qsub works great on myhost (wich .rhots modified and no /etc/hosts.eqiv
file) but qsub doesnt work on any other node in the network. Also acl_host is
disabled - 'set queue batch acl_host_enable=false'.

server_logs:
PBS_Server;Req;req_reject;Reject reply code=15023(Bad UID for job execution),
aux=0, type=QueueJob, from christianan at myotherhost

The strange thing is that one of my client nodes can submit jobs without any
problem:
christianan at myhost$ echo "goodbye" |qsub
85.myserver.office.mitrionics.com

Every other client node gets:
christianan at myotherhost$ echo "hello" |qsub
qsub: Bad UID for job execution

I have added
$ cat .rhosts
myhost christianan

To all my client nodes changing "myhost" of course.

I have also added
$ cat /etc/hosts.equiv
myhost christianan

To all my client nodes and my server node changing "myhost" of course.

Thank you in advance, Christian