[torqueusers] Node np parameter adjusted automatically since 2.1.x ?

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Fri Jun 23 11:09:38 MDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 07:45:00AM -0400, Daniel Widyono alleged:
> > But if there is no nodes file, then there are no nodes... and nothing
> > to do.
>
> Ahhhh, here is the difference.  I must be missing some step that's assumed by
> the rest of y'all.  I install Torque on server and clients, then create the
> nodes file manually, inserting node1 np=2 (or whatever) for each node.  Mind
> you, the nodes might already be running pbs_mom which is valiantly trying to

That's all good and normal.

As you've probably noticed, running pbs_server before starting MOMs
doesn't work well because pbs_server will spend a long time blocked
trying to initially contact nodes.  Best is to start MOMs first.

> contact pbs_server.  But I've run pbs_server -t create as specified in the
> docs.  Does the -t create mode also try to automatically create node entries?

No, -t create just initializes the server database
($PBS_SERVER_HOME/server_priv/serverdb).