[torqueusers] exceeding memory limits?

Caird, Andrew J acaird at umich.edu
Fri Jun 23 08:55:46 MDT 2006

Are you sure the gaussian jobs are staying within their limits and that
torque is actually wrong?

We've had some confusion here with Gaussians "mw" versus Torques "mb";
where 1mw = 8mb.

If you can reproduce this you might try running a Gaussian job via
torque and request all of the memory on a machine, then log in and watch
the memory usage with tools other than Torque (free, top, simple things
like that).