[torqueusers] exceeding memory limits?

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Fri Jun 23 08:43:45 MDT 2006

Hello,
	Periodically, some of my users are reporting errors with their jobs.
They keep getting:

=>> PBS: job killed: mem 1207959552 exceeded limit 209715200
Killed
Terminated

This job had requested 200mb of memory. This is for a gaussian job. What
I am trying to understand is what this means. I suspect torque thinks
the job actually needs 1.2gb of memory which is exceeding the limit of
200mb that this person requested? I'd like to find more information
about how torque allocates/manages memory on nodes. If anyone has more
information about this I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks,

-Steve