[torqueusers] Guidelines needed

Christian Andersson christianan at mitrion.com
Fri Jun 23 02:26:56 MDT 2006

Hi,

pbsnodes -a is showing all the nodes and submitted jobs are being processed.

My problem is that i want to restrict the number of jobs that might run on a
machine to the number of processors on that machine.

Example:
On my first compute node there are two processors. The maximum number of jobs
that might run on this node is restricted to two. This is regardless of the
available resources on the node.

On my second node the is only one processor and here the number of jobs are
restricted to one.

I have tested the default pbs_sched and it will sometimes let three processes
run on the node with two processors.

I need some help with getting my setup to work. Please supply detailed
information when describing a possible solution.

Thank you in advance, Christian