[torqueusers] Guidelines needed

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Thu Jun 22 16:08:35 MDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 11:26:01AM +0200, Christian Andersson alleged:
> I have installed torque on one head node, two compute nodes and one client
> node.
>
> I would like some help to setup the server accordingly:
>
> There will be one queue only and it is placed in the header node.
> There will be more than two compute nodes in the future.
> The compute nodes can have more than one processor.
> One job can only be assigned to one processor (a node with two processors can
> handle two jobs).
>
> Example:
> The first compute node has two processors and the second compute node has one
> processor.
>
> A user submits four jobs to the queue on the header node. The header node then
> assigns job #1 to the first processor on the first available compute node,
> the same goes for job #2 and #3. The fourth job waits for a resource to
> become available.
>

> Please supply detailed information since im not an experienced user.

This is pretty much the basic operation of TORQUE and any scheduler.
The details for setup are documented online at
http://www.clusterresources.com/pages/products/torque-resource-manager.php

Which part are you having trouble with?  Are nodes listed with 'pbsnodes
-a'?  Are jobs getting started?