[torqueusers] Guidelines needed

Christian Andersson christianan at mitrion.com
Thu Jun 22 03:26:01 MDT 2006

I have installed torque on one head node, two compute nodes and one client
node.

I would like some help to setup the server accordingly:

There will be one queue only and it is placed in the header node.
There will be more than two compute nodes in the future.
The compute nodes can have more than one processor.
One job can only be assigned to one processor (a node with two processors can
handle two jobs).

Example:
The first compute node has two processors and the second compute node has one
processor.

A user submits four jobs to the queue on the header node. The header node then
assigns job #1 to the first processor on the first available compute node,
the same goes for job #2 and #3. The fourth job waits for a resource to
become available.

Please supply detailed information since im not an experienced user.

Thank you in advance, Christian