[torqueusers] Clearing offline state puts node in job-exclusive state

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at uni.de
Thu Jun 22 02:42:33 MDT 2006

> It isn't happening for me, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right... can you
> copy/paste the command examples showing this happening?

node2 has jobs active. Do

#> pbsnodes -o node2

(Wait ... for my setting it was roughly 1 week)

#> pbsnodes -c node2

node2 stayed job-exclusive. Then I used the "s n node2 state=free" to remedy
that.

> Down and offline shouldn't change job-exclusive.

That'll explain it maybe. I have offlined the node when a job was active.
Maybe the job-exclusive state the node had wasn't cleared when the job exited?

Will retest with 2.1.0p0 when my users don't need the queue full-time.

Cheers,
Ronny