[torqueusers] torque 2.1.0p0 and maui 3.2.6p16 STATIC (yet moreQ's)

Sam Rash srash at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Jun 19 23:53:38 MDT 2006

Great!  I must have not have the -with-pbs pointer set properly.

TO re-iterate, if I want all-static builds:

1) build pbs with ONLY static libs
2) use --with-pbs to point maui to those installed files (er, one
libtorque.a)

Also, I was reading the archive about the --disable-rpp option.  Will this
basically increase reliability via using TCP/IP vs a app-level reliable
version of UDP?   (assuming the latter can be faster due to being optimized
to the situation).

I'm wondering if 2.1.0 has any changes that could cause my mysterious
hanging with torque/maui and torque/torque (srv = 2.1.0 in both servers).

Also, any worth in trying some of the newer snapshots?
Thanks again.  I wrote a scheduler WAY back in my spare time and it was
nothing compared to this great stuff--probably why I find it so darn
interesting beyond just how useful it is ;)

Regards,
Sam Rash
srash at yahoo-inc.com
408-349-7312