[torqueusers] torque 2.1.0p0 and maui 3.2.6p16 STATIC (yet more Q's)

Sam Rash srash at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Jun 16 12:30:32 MDT 2006

Is it possible to build the torque pieces (server, client cmds, mom, and
even the pbs_sched) as well as maui STATICALLY linked?  I was able to use
-enable-shared=no for torque and it seemed to build ok (but I still have my
seg fault issue with pbs_sched).  If I build torque this way, maui will not
even compile, seeming to complain it can't resolve the various pbs_*
funtions at link time.  I could not see any option in the maui configure
help to indicate forcing of static.

Otherwise, due to a custom packaging procedure, we need to identify all .so
files for both torque and maui and package them in our system.  This is
entirely possible, but if there's a quicker way to keep things static for
now, we'd love that

Regards,

Sam Rash

srash at yahoo-inc.com