[torqueusers] Reservation problem with recent torque

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Jun 16 09:20:50 MDT 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 17:09, Dave Jackson wrote:
> Martin,
>
>   If you are using Moab/Maui, this is controlled by the scheduler
> JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY parameter, and not by TORQUE.  If this parameter is
> set to EXACTNODE, you will get 3 nodes with 1 processor each.  If it is
> not set, it is up to the scheduler's discression regarding task
> placement.  I think it is unlikely that any of the recent TORQUE
> enhancements would cause this.

Okay, I'll check this. I also upgraded moab from a 4.5.0 prerelease to 4.5.5,
so it might also be due to this.

Thanks,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063