[torqueusers] Torque 2.1.x pbs_server process hogging cpu

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Jun 15 02:10:06 MDT 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 23:24, garrick at speculation.org wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 09:59:25AM +0200, Martin Schafföner alleged:
> > On Wednesday 14 June 2006 00:58, garrick at speculation.org wrote:
> > > Yes, you are right.  That is an infinite loop.  But why is connect()
> > > failing with EADDRNOTAVAIL?   "The specified address is not available
> > > on the remote machine."  I don't know what that means.  Why would to
> > > attempt a connection to any machine other than one with the specified
> > > IP?
>
> Can you try the latest snap?  I changed it to a hybrid approach, it
> tries bindresvport() once and falls back to looping around bind() with a
> decrementing tryport.

Yes, I just installed it and this one is working well. Still I wouldn't say it
works as expected because this bind()-loop hack should, in theory, not be
necessary, right?

If there is anything else that I may do to track down the "real" problem and
solution, let me know!

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063