[torqueusers] Torque 2.1.x pbs_server process hogging cpu

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Jun 15 02:10:06 MDT 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 23:24, garrick at speculation.org wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 09:59:25AM +0200, Martin Schafföner alleged:
> > On Wednesday 14 June 2006 00:58, garrick at speculation.org wrote:
> > > Yes, you are right.  That is an infinite loop.  But why is connect()
> > > failing with EADDRNOTAVAIL?   "The specified address is not available
> > > on the remote machine."  I don't know what that means.  Why would to
> > > attempt a connection to any machine other than one with the specified
> > > IP?
> Can you try the latest snap?  I changed it to a hybrid approach, it
> tries bindresvport() once and falls back to looping around bind() with a
> decrementing tryport.

Yes, I just installed it and this one is working well. Still I wouldn't say it
works as expected because this bind()-loop hack should, in theory, not be
necessary, right?

If there is anything else that I may do to track down the "real" problem and
solution, let me know!

Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063