[torqueusers] basic questions

garrick at speculation.org garrick at speculation.org
Wed Jun 14 19:37:26 MDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 01:31:56PM -0700, Sam Rash alleged:
> Hello,
>

> I recently built Torque 2.1.0 p0 and Maui 3.2.6 p16 on FreeBSD.  Torque
> built just fine and Maui required some minor tweaking, but now works.

What tweaking did maui require?  Was there a build problem?

> I would like to know how to set the queue params in torque (via qmgr -c 'set
> queue ..') such that say, each node will have 11 processes and my queues
> have 3 and 4 processers per node (these odd #'s are to allow certain
> combinations of jobs from queues to execute concurrently, but not others).

I don't understand.  "each node will have 11 procs... 3 and 4 procs per
node".

> Additionally, I noticed that at statup, maui will grab said queue parameters
> and store features and such under CLASSCFG[ ].  As I can update the queues'
> parameters with qmgr dynamically, will maui ever retrieve this while
> running? It's not a big deal, but if a maui restart is unnecessary, that's
> helpful.

IIRC, queue attributes are never retrieved a second time.  You'll need
to restart maui.

> Lastly, the PREMPTOR/PREMPTEE values for CLASSES. Is there a way to set this
> in the torque server config for queues via a queue feature or value?
> (obviously torque ignores)  I'd just like to centralize my queue
> definitions.

Unfortunately not.  Though adding this wouldn't be that hard.