[torqueusers] basic questions

Sam Rash srash at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jun 13 14:31:56 MDT 2006

Hello,

I recently built Torque 2.1.0 p0 and Maui 3.2.6 p16 on FreeBSD.  Torque
built just fine and Maui required some minor tweaking, but now works.

I would like to know how to set the queue params in torque (via qmgr -c 'set
queue ..') such that say, each node will have 11 processes and my queues
have 3 and 4 processers per node (these odd #'s are to allow certain
combinations of jobs from queues to execute concurrently, but not others).

Additionally, I noticed that at statup, maui will grab said queue parameters
and store features and such under CLASSCFG[ ].  As I can update the queues'
parameters with qmgr dynamically, will maui ever retrieve this while
running? It's not a big deal, but if a maui restart is unnecessary, that's
helpful.

Lastly, the PREMPTOR/PREMPTEE values for CLASSES. Is there a way to set this
in the torque server config for queues via a queue feature or value?
(obviously torque ignores)  I'd just like to centralize my queue
definitions.

Thanks,

Sam Rash

srash at yahoo-inc.com