[torqueusers] Advanced Reservations with Torque/Maui

Martin Feller feller at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 13 08:14:16 MDT 2006

Jacques,

thanks for your response.
testjob.cmd is just a simple shellscript:
#!/bin/sh
touch /home/martin/FILE_1

There is no problem if I run "qsub testjob.cmd" without refering to the
reservation.
By the way: checkjob says the following:
State: Idle
Creds:  user:martin  group:martin  class:batch  qos:DEFAULT
WallTime: 00:00:00 of 1:00:00
SubmitTime: Tue Jun 13 16:04:36
  (Time Queued  Total: 00:04:37  Eligible: 00:04:37)

Total Tasks: 1

Req[0]  TaskCount: 1  Partition: ALL
Network: [NONE]  Memory >= 0  Disk >= 0  Swap >= 0
Opsys: [NONE]  Arch: [NONE]  Features: [NONE]

IWD: [NONE]  Executable:  [NONE]
Bypass: 0  StartCount: 0
PartitionMask: [ALL]
Flags:       ADVRES:martin.0 RESTARTABLE

PE:  1.00  StartPriority:  4
job cannot run in partition DEFAULT (idle procs do not meet requirements
: 0 of 1 procs found)
idle procs:   1  feasible procs:   0

Rejection Reasons: [ReserveTime  :    1]

I wonder why the resource is not available?!?
Is there a general misunderstanding in my thinking about the use of the
reservation?

thanks, Martin