[torqueusers] Torque 2.1.x pbs_server process hogging cpu

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Jun 13 02:38:48 MDT 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 09:42, garrick at speculation.org wrote:

> First determine the state of HAVE_BINDRESVPORT and NOPRIVPORTS in
> src/include/pbs_config.h.

Sure did that anyway. So here it is:

/* Define to disable priviledged ports */
/* #undef NOPRIVPORTS */

/* Define to 1 if you have the `bindresvport' function. */
#define HAVE_BINDRESVPORT 1

> What OS is this?

SuSE SLES 9 SP3.

> It looks like that goto needs to be wrapped around an #ifndef
> HAVE_BINDRESVPORT.  But it should still exit that function if tryport
> gets too low.

tryport isn't used at all if HAVE_BINDRESVPORT is defined (as in my case).
When stepping through the code with gdb, I noticed the compiler had entirely
eliminated tryport. Is this expected behavior?

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063