[torqueusers] Torque 2.1.x pbs_server process hogging cpu

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Jun 13 01:19:40 MDT 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 21:40, garrick at speculation.org wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 04:22:09PM +0200, Martin Schafföner alleged:
> > Today I felt like doing some updates, so I first tried upgrading from
> > torque 2.0.0p7 (not too old, I guess) to torque 2.1.0p0. Installing the
> > software went fine; however, when I now submit a job, the job isn't
> > executed. Instead, the pbs_server process eats all of the available CPU
> > time.
>
> Can you get some process traces or gdb backtraces and see where it is
> looping?

So, w.r.t. torque-2.1.1-snap.200606072052, pbs_server is looping in
src/lib/Libnet/net_client.c in function client_to_svr(...), in the "retry"
loop between lines 185 and 307. I will poke around a little to see if I can
catch the obvious...

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063