[torqueusers] Re: Can SCP/RCP program path be changed at Run time?

garrick at speculation.org garrick at speculation.org
Wed Jun 7 21:00:07 MDT 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 04:06:29PM +0800, John Lau alleged:
> Hi,
>
> It would be good. Becuase I am a package maintainer, I would like to
> allow my package users to change the rcp/scp they use in runtime instead
> of compile time.
>
> Best regards,
> John Lau
>
> torqueusers-request at supercluster.org wrote:
> >

> >On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 06:12:04PM +0800, John Lau alleged:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I would like to ask, can we change the SCP/RCP program path at run time?
> >>Now it seems that it can only change at compile time by "--with-rcp".
> >

> >Currently it is compile-time only.  But making that a MOM config
> >parameter wouldn't be too hard.  Is this necessary for you?

This is now available in torque-2.1.1-snap.200606072052.tar.gz

It is documented in the pbs_mom manpage, but you can do something like
this in mom's config:
  $rcpcmd /usr/bin/scp -rpB

This also changes momctl to accept queries with spaces, so this will
work:
  momctl -q "rcpcmd=/usr/bin/scp -rpB" -h $node

Btw, momctl got a nifty new feature that allows you select nodes by
property:
  momctl -q ... -h :bob (for all nodes with the "bob" property)
  momctl -q ... -h :ALL ("ALL" is a psuedo property)