[torqueusers] scheduling

Alexander Saydakov saydakov at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Jan 30 12:22:27 MST 2006

Hi!

I am running torque 2.0.0p6, and I don't seem to be able to configure the
scheduler to respect job priorities. I am using the default scheduler with
one change in the config file:

#sort_by: shortest_job_first    ALL

sort_by: high_priority_first    ALL

I expect that jobs will be picked up from the queue with the highest
priority and sorted within a queue according to priority. But quite often I
see that jobs start from a lower priority queue despite of a bunch of jobs
waiting in higher priority queues. And I see some violations of priorities
within a single queue also. Am I missing some config parameter? Jobs don't
have any resource requirements except nodes=1 and I want them to be run by
priority only.

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you.