[torqueusers] error handling in perl-PBS

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Jan 27 13:49:31 MST 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:33:36AM -0800, Alexander Saydakov alleged:
> Hi!
>

> It is not clear from man PBS how to handle errors.
>
> Suppose pbs_submit() did not return a job ID. How do I get the reason?

perl-PBS just does whatever the TORQUE libs do.  It's a rather direct
interface.

According to the pbs_submit manpage, it returns a NULL and sets
pbs_errno.  So in perl-PBS, check for undef and $PBS::pbs_errno.

University of Southern California