[torqueusers] RE: scheduling bug?

Alexander Saydakov saydakov at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Jan 26 12:17:22 MST 2006

I have just seen that again. Looks like there is some randomness in
selecting jobs despite of 'sort_by: high_priority_first'. Most of the time
it works as expected, but sometimes picks a wrong job. I don't specify any
requirements like memory or disk space.

Note those 2 jobs running in p2 queue and one job in p3 queue. They have
just started despite of the pile of jobs in p1 queue.

> qstat -Q

Queue            Max Tot Ena Str Que Run Hld Wat Trn Ext Type

test               0   0 yes yes   0   0   0   0   0   0 Execution

p1                 0 102 yes yes 902 121   0   0   0   0 Execution

p2                 0 607 yes yes 605   2   0   0   0   0 Execution

p3                 0 610 yes yes 609   1   0   0   0   0 Execution