[torqueusers] client commands from another system permission denied

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jan 25 21:13:25 MST 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 06:14:55PM -0500, Steven A. DuChene alleged:
> I am attempting to install the pbs client commands on a couple
> of other systems in our cluster but when I execute the following from
> one of those remote systems:
>
> qsub myjob.pbs
>
> or
>
> qsub -q mgt myjob.pbs   (where mgt is the internal cluster name for the
>                                         system where the pbs_server process actually runs)

If the server name is mgt, then that should be " -q @mgt".

"-q mgt" refers to a queue named mgt.  "-q q1 at mgt" refers to the q1
queue on server mgt.

> I am thinking on the management node where the pbs_server
> process is running I need to put a torque.cfg file into place with
> the following contents:
>
> SUBMITHOSTS    remotehost1.cluster,remotehost2.cluster

Note there is a bug in the SUBMITHOSTS implementation fixed in 2.0.0p6
snapshots.  2.0.0p5 and earlier can corrupt memory if the supplied
hostname is a FQDN.

University of Southern California