[torqueusers] scheduling bug?

Alexander Saydakov saydakov at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jan 24 15:24:07 MST 2006

I am running troque-2.0.0p5 with default scheduler. The only thing I changed
in sched_config is:

#sort_by: shortest_job_first    ALL

sort_by: high_priority_first    ALL

I have just seen that a few jobs from the test queue (priority 0) started
despite of a bunch of jobs waiting in the p1 queue (priority 100).

All jobs in the test queue have been submitted after jobs in the p1 queue.

> qstat -Q

Queue            Max Tot Ena Str Que Run Hld Wat Trn Ext Type

test               0 605 yes yes 603   2   0   0   0   0 Execution

p1                 0 320 yes yes 214 106   0   0   0   0 Execution

I wonder how it is possible.