[torqueusers] Node To Queue Assignment

Aaron Greenwood agreenwo at comcast.net
Sun Jan 22 09:35:52 MST 2006

I have a question about  node to queue assignment.  After creating 4
separate queues I was unable to find a definitive way to assign nodes
exclusively to a particular queue. This is what I have done and would
appreciate your comments and corrections.

 I created four queues called highmem, lowmem, p1 and p2.  I then
assigned each node one and only one of the following properties,
highmem, lowmem, p1 or p2. These properties correspond with the name of
a queue.  Using node properties was the only way I could  see to
exclusively assign a particular node to a particular queue.

Here is an example qsub command

qsub -N "Test Job" \
     -e $HOME/testjob.stderr.lpwmem \
     -o $HOME/testjob.stdout.lowmem \
     -q lowmem \
     -l nodes=1:lowmem \
      $HOME/testjob.sh

Is what I am doing correct of am I off base?

Best regards,

Aaron