[torqueusers] Attn: Accelrys Materials Studio users

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Jan 20 10:21:09 MST 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 08:07:40PM -0500, Steven A. DuChene alleged:
> They have discontinued support of "OpenPBS" queuing systems and now
> only support PBS-Pro from Altair and LSF from Platform. They stated in the

Claims like this always make me suspicious.  PBS is a specification.
They only need support for PBS, not OpenPBS, PBS-Pro or TORQUE.  It's
like websites supporting browsers instead of an HTML specification.

Of course, it is good and valid to publish a list of tested versions of
specific implementations.

> The long and the short of this is if you are a customer of Accelrys running
> Materials Studio in your HPC environment, you may want to provide Accelrys
> with feedback on the above policies.

I guess I'm glad I'm not a customer :)

University of Southern California