[torqueusers] Compiling xpbsmon

Diego Vadell dvadell at lantech.com.ar
Fri Jan 20 09:13:32 MST 2006

Hi,
  I tried setting tcldir and tclxdir ( I assume you are talking about

  --with-tcl=DIR_PREFIX   Use this if you want Tcl support. If you are
                          compiling with tclx then you need only use
                          the --with-tcl flag if the Tcl libraries
                          are in a different place than the tclx
  --with-tclx=DIR_PREFIX  Use this if you want TclX support. This implies
                          --with-tcl. The only time it is useful
                          "tcl" the server will use a Tcl based scheduler

when you tell me tclx_dir=no, but tclx_dir=no is just part of the
configure script I pasted in my last mail.

-----------------8<----------------------8<----------------------
./configure --prefix=/tmp/pbs-temp  \
   --set-server-home=/tmp/pbs-temp/spool/PBS --with-tclx \
   --with-tclx=/usr/lib64 --with-tcl=/usr/lib64
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking Tcl version... notfound
configure: error: cannot find Tcl version in /dev/null

If I try --with-tcl[x]=/usr I get the same first error, "/usr/bin/ld:
cannot find -ltkx". This is sane because without specifying where tcl/tclx
is, configure finds it (the 32bit version) in /usr.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH, afaik, is a run-time linker env variable, not a
compile-time linker one. However, I tried, and it gives the same errors.

Regards,
 -- Diego.

<quote who="Bisbal, Prentice">