[torqueusers] Compiling xpbsmon

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Fri Jan 20 08:33:59 MST 2006

Diego,

Have you tried setting your LD_LIBRARY_PATH so /usr/lib64 and /lib64
come before /usr/lib and /lib before configuring? I assume it should
already be setup correctly, but you never know.

Also, does "tclx_dir=no" mean that you didn't specify the location of
your tclx dir in your configure command?

When I compiled TORQUE, I made sure I specified both tcldir and tclxdir

Prentice

-----Original Message-----
From: torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org
[mailto:torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org] On Behalf Of Diego Vadell
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 8:32 AM
To: torqueusers at supercluster.org
Subject: RE: [torqueusers] Compiling xpbsmon

Hi,
   Answering Garrick, I have both i386 and x86_64 tclx libraries. I
uninstalled the i386 tclx one, and now configure says:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking Tclx library path prefix... no
configure: error: could not find the Tclx library

Inside configure, it says:

-----------------8<----------------------8<----------------------
tclx_dir=no
ac_LL_PATH=`echo "$PATH" | sed -e 's/:/ /g'`
for ac_libpath in $ac_LL_PATH /__XqqFrobozz ; do
    ac_libpath=`echo $ac_libpath | sed -e 's;/bin$;;'`
    if test `/bin/ls ${ac_libpath}/lib/libtclx*.* 2> /dev/null | wc -l`
-gt 0; then
        tclx_dir="$ac_libpath"
        break;
    fi
done

Its making ls $ac_libpath/lib and not giving a chance to /usr/lib64 .

Thats the situation here. Hope it helps a little

 -- Diego.