[torqueusers] Generic resources

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Thu Jan 19 14:54:54 MST 2006

Hi Jon,

You wrote:
> I have defined one node (in config) with the line
>
> "licens 1"
>
> and this shows up as
>
> status += gres=licens:1
>
> with the command "print node xxx" in qmgr
>
> However, when I submit, using either
>
> #PBS -Wx=GRES:licens
>
> or
>
> #PBS -l other=licens
>
> it doesn't seem to matter if the line "licens 1" is present or not.
> Obviously I want to limit the jobs to run on those nodes were there is a
> license present, but the way I have done it it doesn't work.
>
> I'm using maui-3.2.6p14 and torque-2.0.0p5.

As far as I know, the generic resources are not supported in Maui.
They are supported in Moab, though.

As a simpler substitution you may set "licens" as a property for one
or several nodes in the pbs_server nodes file or through qmgr, e.g.

	set node n5 properties += licens

and demand it with e.g.

#PBS -l nodes=1:licens

This is supported in Maui.